Unexpected illness, whether short term or long term, often requires a change in nutritional requirements. Even healthy individuals wanting to improve their current nutritional standards turn to CommuniCare to provide expert nutritional advice.
Our registered dieticians take the time to work with you to assess nutritional needs and establish a care plan tailored to your unique needs. We take time to answer the many questions you have.
Our nutritional counseling services are flexible to address your individual needs.
- We assess the nutritional status and needs of people of any age
- The nutrition program will be tailored to your unique needs. We'll take the time to explain how and why this program will help improve nutritional status. We'll talk with you until all of your questions are answered satisfactorily.
- We assess special needs, such as supplements and special nutrition preparation available by mouth or by tube feeding
- We provide education on meal planning, food selection, recipes, label reading, budgeting
- We counsel, teach and support caregivers as required
We recognize that changing behavior is a process. CommuniCare provides ongoing support and nutrition education as required by the individual, his or her family, caregivers and client care team.
CommuniCare welcomes self-referrals and referrals from physicians, insurance companies, private businesses, school boards, and Community Care Access Centres (CCAC).